[TUHS] tool (that wnj wrote?) that reduced the data segment size?

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Sat Nov 28 08:26:52 AEST 2015

I've gotten sucked into an embedded system project and they are running out of
memory.  I have a vague memory of some sort of tool that I think Bill Joy
wrote (or maybe he told me about it) that would do some magic processing of
all the string constants and somehow it de-dupped the space.

Though now that I'm typing this that doesn't seem possible.  Does this ring
a bell with anyone?  I'm sure it was for the PDP 11 port.

Thanks,

--lm