[TUHS] tool (that wnj wrote?) that reduced the data segment size?

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Mon Nov 30 13:07:02 AEST 2015

Charles Anthony scripsit:

> "The Optimizing Compiler Writer's Motto: It is no sin to make a wrong
> program worse."

It is if the rules for which programs are wrong are essentially beyond
human comprehension on the fly.  Anyway: "That program has about a
thousand bugs.  Which would you rather, that we fixed all the bugs or
that we made it run a thousand times faster?"

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
Heckler: "Go on, Al, tell 'em all you know.  It won't take long."
Al Smith: "I'll tell 'em all we *both* know.  It won't take any longer."