[TUHS] Scan of "Edition 0" manual

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Mon Nov 30 14:02:44 AEST 2015

Warren Toomey scripsit:

> It's certainly an interesting read.

Some things that strike me particularly:

- the presence of only one execute bit (a file is either executable or
it isn't!)

- the "@" prompt of the shell

- the blocked paper tape driver

- the fact that ^\ causes an arbitrary non-shell process to core dump
if several are running and DEL (aka ^C) does not exist yet

- the fact that switches don't yet exist (and indeed when passing files
to the B interpreter one must precede them with a hyphen)

I also note the marginal "NO!" next to the statement that the second
argument to 'creat' is the file mode.  I wonder what that was about.

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
"Make a case, man; you're full of naked assertions, just like Nietzsche."
"Oh, i suffer from that, too.  But you know, naked assertions or GTFO."
                        --heard on #scheme, sorta