[TUHS] Did realloc ever zero the new memory?

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Fri Sep 11 06:27:23 AEST 2015

Good, glad to know it wasn't just me.  I've finally let my team use it
but we avoided it when we supported more odd ball platforms.

On zero fill, I doubt many did that.  Many really early on when memory
was small.

What you might be thinking of is modern systems implement malloc()
as an mmap of /dev/zero and the initial data comes through as zeroed.
But counting on that would be a mistake.

--
---