[TUHS] Did realloc ever zero the new memory?

Derek Fawcus dfawcus+lists-tuhs at employees.org
Sun Sep 13 22:13:59 AEST 2015

On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 09:06:48AM +0200, markus schnalke wrote:
> Please note, that identifiers are usually remembered by sound
> not by letter sequence. `zalloc' and `zealloc' are likely to
> be pronounced similar

While I'd pronounce zealloc as Zee-alloc;  I'd not be inclined
to pronounce zalloc that way,  nor as Zed-alloc, but as Zal-loc
(rhymes with Sal-loc).  Maybe Larry had this pronounciation
in mind?

Similarly,  I pronounce 'calloc' as Kal-loc not, See-alloc.

So other folk from England should have no trouble :-)

DF