[TUHS] looking for 4.1a BSD full kernel source

Paul Ruizendaal pnr at planet.nl
Thu Dec 1 18:30:14 AEST 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to find out exactly what was in the 4.1a BSD distribution, as far as the kernel is concerned. The image in the CSRG archive comes from a tape that had a hard read error and does not include any kernel sources. Some of the kernel files were already covered by SCCS around that time, but not everything. My main focus is to understand tcp/ip networking in 4.1a and whether the kernel could be built with either the Berkeley or the BBN network stack.

Does anybody know where I could find a full set of kernel sources for the 4.1a BSD kernel?

Many thanks in advance!

Paul