[TUHS] Masscomp sources? was looking for 4.1a BSD full kernel source

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Fri Dec 2 02:06:05 AEST 2016

below...

On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 10:30 AM, Larry McVoy <lm at mcvoy.com> wrote:

> By the way, the "getting started with sockets" document that came with
> the 4.1a BSD based Masscomp version of the OS is by far the nicest
> introduction to sockets that I've ever seen.

​Thank you. You made my day.  I lead the coms group when that was done and
while I did not write the document, the doc writer that did, worked under
my direction..​

> I used to have a copy
> but lost it.  Any chance of finding that?

​Maybe - I'll ask her if she kept it.  I don't think I ever had the master.
  FYI: its troff of course ;-)​

>   Are the Masscomp sources
> ​ ​
> around?

​Maybe, I my knowledge they were never put on-line and Concurrent owns the
IP (little know fact - Masscomp is actually the legal entity that still
stands year later - I'll fill you in offline).  As for the sources need to
do some hunting.

Clem