[TUHS] looking for source code to University of Illinois "Network Unix"

Paul Ruizendaal pnr at planet.nl
Fri Dec 2 06:57:55 AEST 2016

Clem,

Once again many thanks for an informative post!

> I've lost track of Holmgreen who would be your best best.
I'm in touch with all the principal authors (Holmgren/Bunch/Grossman) and they do not have source code.

> That said, when I asked him about it a few years ago, Chesson told me that he had it in his archives.
If I'm not mistaken Chesson has passed away a few years ago; I assume I should consider these archives lost?

> Thinking about it some more, it might be in one of the early USENIX tapes. But you'd have to do some digging.  Note if so, remember that the format of those old tapes will be the original tp program as well as the original ar, so pulling them apart will take a little work.

That is an interesting lead. Any suggestion where I might start to look? (I know of http://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Applications/, the Shoppa and Spencer tapes, but Network Unix does not seem to be on these tapes).

Paul