[TUHS] Unix & Memory Management Units (MMU)

Paul Ruizendaal pnr at planet.nl
Fri Dec 9 05:24:37 AEST 2016

On 8 Dec 2016, at 19:11 , Johnny Billquist wrote:

> So your guessing is pretty good. Not sure I'd say this is similar to how the later PDP-11 MMU works, though. But I can see someone making the comparison, since the PDP-11 pages can vary in size, within limits.

Thanks for that info on the PDP-10 MMU!

What I meant to say was that the high-low scheme has an echo in how the KL-11 was *used* (not how it *worked*). A standard binary (0407 magic) effectively has two segments in PDP11 Unix: a contiguous low segment (for text, data and bss) and a contiguous high segment (for the stack).

Paul