[TUHS] nm on Third Edition .o files?

Diomidis Spinellis dds at aueb.gr
Tue Dec 20 06:49:20 AEST 2016

Thank you so much for the explanation.  I was aware that in old C
structures a->b references were interpreted as *(a + b), but didn't know
that early C was so close to B that it could run most B programs by just
adding some declarations.  It seems a logical evolutionary and
bootstrapping step.

What I'm trying to do is study the dependencies between the kernel's
files.  Maybe a good approximation would be to consider all functions as
global and ignore variables.