[TUHS] Leap Second

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sat Dec 24 09:08:09 AEST 2016

Let me be the first to say that the International Earth Rotation Service
has announced that there will be a Leap Second inserted at 23:59:59 UTC on
the 31st December, due to the earth slowly slowing down.  It's fun to
listen to see how the time beeps handle it; will your GPS clock display
23:59:60, or will it go nuts like my last one did (I had to power cycle
the thing)?

My recording of the last one: horsfall.org/leapsecond.webm .