[TUHS] Unix-related Usenet Postings

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Mon Feb 1 21:40:02 AEST 2016

All, I've spent some time working on the UTZoo Usenet Archive postings
from https://archive.org/download/utzoo-wiseman-usenet-archive

I've reformatted each group's postings into mbox format so I could run
them through the mailman archive tool. The results are here:
http://www.tuhs.org/Usenet/ You can now browse by group/year/month/thread.

I'll drop an index.html file in there tomorrow with a description of
each newsgroup. There are still some blemishes to fix up, as the archiver
failed to recognise the headers on some articles and they end up "posted"
in February 2016.

Other newgroups archives are here: https://archive.org/search.php?query=usenet. I might pull out some other Unix relates groups (aus.sources etc.) and
add them. Are there any other Usenet archives around?

Cheers, Warren

P.S If anybody is still trying to recover the old 2.11BSD patches, you may
find some of them lurking in http://www.tuhs.org/Usenet/comp.bugs.2bsd/