[TUHS] Unix v6 File System information

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Feb 22 04:27:49 AEST 2016

    > From: Will Senn

    > Thanks for the link.

Sure. It's worth reading the entire V6 manual if you're going to be doing a
lot with it - lots of goodies hidden in places like that. Also the two BSTJ
Unix issues. (I think they are available online, now.)

    > Supposing I created a byte faithful representation of a V6 filesystem
    > on my mac, would I then be able to load the file in simh as an RK05 and
    > mount and access its files and directories from a V6 instance?

That's really a SIMH question, and I don't use SIMH; I use Ersatz11. That is
certainly how Ersatz11 works; I just FTP'd the RK05 distro images over, set
them up as the files that 'implemented' various RK05 drives, and (modulo a
few teething Ersatz11 configuration issues) away it went.

	Noel