[TUHS] Unix v6 File System information

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Mon Feb 22 07:21:42 AEST 2016

On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 4:05 PM, Will Senn <will.senn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Why, oh why, didn't someone save a tape image, rather than a tarball,
> given that tar on v6 was so hokey?!

​hmm - no idea.  I don't remember having had such problems to be honest.
Maybe we can find the a tp image.   I'm sure they reason they used a tar
image was, that tp was  more problematic​.

That said, I still think the tar image should work.   Maybe the solution is
try to compiler stp with a modern C compiler.  It will take some work to
move it I suspect because the code would be 100% assuming PDP-11 in every
way, and is binary.  Plus things like stat.h are a bit different than in
the old days.   Let's take this off-line and let see what's possible.