[TUHS] Unix v6 File System information

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Feb 22 07:51:09 AEST 2016

    > From: Random832

    > That's the superblock. Look in ino.h.

Oh, right you are. Thanks for catching my mistake! (I don't have anything
like the same familiarity with V7 as I do with V6; never did any system
hacking on the former.)

Now that you mention it, I do seem to remember this kludge; IIRC, a later
Unix paper described the V7 inode layout. I never looked at the actual code,
though. Now that I do, it looks like iexpand() (in iget.c) is not exactly
portable! On a machine with a different byte order for the bytes within a
long, that ain't gonna work...

	Noel