[TUHS] Transcribing and simulating PDP-7 Unix

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Fri Feb 26 05:56:23 AEST 2016

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 01:43:03PM -0500, Robert Swierczek wrote:
>    Do you know if anybody has taken up the challenge of transcribing and
>    simulating the PDP-7 Unix source code you have uncovered in your
>    post http://minnie.tuhs.org/pipermail/tuhs/2016-February/006622.html
>    If not, I would love to get started on it as a project.

Hi Robert, yes there is a project underway to type it all in and bring it
up on SimH and hopefully on a real PDP-7. I've set up a mailing list for
the project, so let me know if you would like to join: I'll add you.

The repository is at https://github.com/DoctorWkt/pdp7-unix. I've started
on the S1 section (in scans/), and I've also started work on an assembler
and a user-mode simulator (in tools/)

Norman Wilson is going to try and get us some higher quality scans which
will help a great deal in deciphering some of the hard to read characters.

Cheers, Warren