[TUHS] TUHS Digest, Vol 2, Issue 5

David david at kdbarto.org
Tue Jan 5 03:07:03 AEST 2016

The comments in the rp06 walking across the floor reminds me of a time when I was installing netnews at a very new company and as the data transferred from the tape (we didn’t have a modem yet, that was to happen in a week or so) to the disk the disk got into a walking state. I was standing with my foot against the front of the drive to keep it from moving when a friend walked into the machine room and asked what I was doing. I said ‘keeping it all together’ and he asked about my foot. I moved it, the disk walked out a small amount and I replace my foot. He laughed and walked away. About 15 or 20 minutes later it was all back to ‘normal’ and I never had another problem with it.

	David