[TUHS] Early Unix function calls: expensive?

Ronald Natalie ron at ronnatalie.com
Wed Jan 6 09:55:25 AEST 2016

The only thing we really used on RSTS was Basic Plus so I wouldn’t know, but I spent a lot of time making cross calls between MACRO-11 and FORTRAN on the RSX-11M and there was no MARK-based linkage in anything I saw.    I had the kind of odd misfortunate to spend one summer in college writing a database system in Fortran and Macro-11 on RT and when I graduated the company saw that and set me down to work on FORTRAN/MACRO-based database on their two processor RSX-11M system.