[TUHS] PDP-11 questions

Ronald Natalie ron at ronnatalie.com
Mon Jan 25 10:23:13 AEST 2016

I worked for Unipress for a brief period and learned portability from them.   I spent a lot of time moving EMACS from Suns (both 68x SUN 3’s to SPARC SUN 4), SGI, Intergraph, and Masscomp, along with some of the minicomputers (Pyramid, Vaxes, Gould SEL).    When I started my own company we ran on Sparcs of various flavors, x86 of various flavors, SGIs, Stellar, Ardent, Oxi (i860), IBM RS/6000, IBM i860, (I think I actually ported once to the 370 running AIX while I was at PASC, but we never really supported that), MIPS, DEC SPIM boxes, Alphas, and a Cray XMP and then some wierd stuff (ARPA hypercubes, Masspars, etc…).