[TUHS] PDP-11 questions

Johnny Billquist bqt at update.uu.se
Mon Jan 25 13:09:49 AEST 2016

On 2016-01-25 02:11, John Cowan<cowan at mercury.ccil.org> wrote:
> Ronald Natalie scripsit:
>
>> >There were the Dec Professional 325 and 350 desktops which had the
>> >F-11 and the 380 had the J-11 (which should make a pretty snazzy little
>> >retro UNIX system)
> As well as the 310, which was not a desk*top* but a whole desk with a
> PDP/8-A built into it.  The first regular job I ever had was with a
> company that sold these along with their accounting software.

The 310 was not called a Professional, though. It was the EDUsystem if I
remember right. There was also PDP-11 based EDUsystems, called 350. Not
the same as the desktop thingy...

Isn't it wonderful how DEC reused different designations sometimes.

There was also a DECstation 88, if I remember right, which was a PDP-8
based thing.

	Johnny