[TUHS] Fwd: [SIGCIS-Members] Need help identifying a photo

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Thu Jan 28 04:47:26 AEST 2016

Al Kossow scripsit:

> OK, the thing that threw me was KT without glasses.

>From Dorothy L. Sayers, _The Five Red Herrings_:

    The ticket-collector on the train was not helpful.
    [...] Certainly he had seen nobody remotely resembling the
    portrait of Gowan [a suspect with a very full black beard].
    Was there anybody at all like what Gowan would be if clean-shaven?
    Well, that was asking something, that was.  Had the Inspector
    any idea what a 'edge-'og would look like without its spikes?
    No, nor he didn't suppose nobody had, neither.  He was a
    ticket-collector, not a puzzle-picture expert. [...]

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
Winter:  MIT, / Keio, INRIA, / Issue lots of Drafts.
So much more to understand! / Might simplicity return?
                (A "tanka", or extended haiku)