[TUHS] MS-DOS

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Sat Jul 2 09:44:09 AEST 2016

Jacob Ritorto scripsit:

> Does anyone besides me bristle at the term "forward slash?"  In my day
> (although I'm under fifty), we called them slash and backslash.  The M$
> culture seems to encourage this redundant advective as normal parlance.

I encourage it, after hearing people say "Aitch tee tee pee, colon,
backslash, backslash, ...."

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
Arise, you prisoners of Windows / Arise, you slaves of Redmond, Wash,
The day and hour soon are coming / When all the IT folks say "Gosh!"
It isn't from a clever lawsuit / That Windowsland will finally fall,
But thousands writing open source code / Like mice who nibble through a wall.
        --The Linux-nationale by Greg Baker