[TUHS] MS-DOS

Brantley Coile brantleycoile at me.com
Sat Jul 2 19:53:19 AEST 2016

The dual notch worked on Apple, as it didn’t use the index hole either. Woz didn’t see any sense in the index hole. This scheme only worked after the media for all the disks were two sided, oxide on both sides of the mylar. At first they were made from the same sheets as 1/2” magnetic tape, which has oxide on only one side.

My first floppy drive was in 1978 and it sure beat paper tape!

  Brantley Coile