[TUHS] Pursuing Bell Labs stuff

Wendell P wendellp at operamail.com
Wed Jul 6 01:28:55 AEST 2016

On Mon, Jul 4, 2016, at 10:32 PM, Diomidis Spinellis wrote:
> The following book provides an interesting perspective on many of the
> questions you ask.
>
> Narain Gehani. Bell Labs: Life in the Crown Jewel. Silicon Press,
> Summit, NJ, 2003.

I have in fact contacted Gehani regarding this and he couldn't offer
much help. What surprises me is that so much was produced but nobody
knows where it all went.

Papers that were published in journals or given at conferences as easy
to find. I'm talking about internal documents that don't turn up in a
Google search.

>  Two  issues of BSTJ devoted to
> Unix (volume 57 number 6 July-August 1978 and volume 63, number 8,
> October 1984) were also published in book form (titled "Unix System
> Readings and Applications") by Prentice-Hall in 1987.

They are downloadable:
https://archive.org/details/bitsavers_attunixUNIpplicationsVolume11987_27266562
https://archive.org/details/bitsavers_attunixUNIpplicationsVolume21987_25157701

--