[TUHS] Slashes (was: MS-DOS)

Norman Wilson norman at oclsc.org
Sat Jul 9 03:36:31 AEST 2016

Clem Cole:

  I do not remember ever using, much less
  needed to refer to, the character "back slash" until the unfortunate crap
  that the folks in Redmond forced on the industry.

=====

Oh, come on.  You programmed in C.  You probably used
UNIX back when @ was the default kill character (though
I doubt you're odd enough still to use that kill character,
as I do).  You surely used troff, LaTeX, or both, and have
doubtless sworn at regular expressions more often than
most of the young Linux crowd have had chocolate bars.

I think you've just forgotten it out of PBSD (post-backlash
stress disorder, nothing to do with Berkeley).

Norman Wilson
Toronto ON
UNIX\(tm old fart who swore at a regexp just yesterday