[TUHS] Shell control through external commands

Joerg Schilling schily at schily.net
Fri Jul 15 20:13:26 AEST 2016

Marc Rochkind <rochkind at basepath.com> wrote:

> Thought I'd mention here that the OP was asking about the original shell,
> and that the Mashey and Bourne shells were much newer than that.

BTW: last Year there was a talk from Stephen Bourne af BSDcon where he
explained how the Bourne Shell started. It seems that Mashey, Bourne and csh
all started with the Thompson Shell code.

...and from a todays view, the time between 1970 anf 1976 is a short time
compared to the fact that the Bourne Shell now exists since 40 years.

Jörg

--
 EMail:joerg at schily.net                  (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin