[TUHS] Help with a Unix-ish project?

Ronald Natalie ron at ronnatalie.com
Sat Jul 16 11:56:58 AEST 2016

BRL modified our kernel to support both the V6 and V7 file systems.   Yes there were indeed two versions of stat with hacky-conversions between the two.
We already had the kludge of “JHU Ownership” which allowed the V6 systems to work in an instrucitonal situation with more than 256 users.
If your GID >=200, your “effective” uid was the combination of the UID and GID.