[TUHS] Of login names

Norman Wilson norman at oclsc.org
Tue Jul 19 00:35:26 AEST 2016

Just to be clear: I don't pine at all for UUCP.

I do still think it's a mistake that e-mail addresses and
domain names run backwards from the way directories and
filenames run.  That's what I miss about !norman vs
norman at .

But it's all a Beta-vs-VHS matter these days, like a lot
of unfortunate design decisions that have become standard
over the years.  Like git winning out over hg, which is
sort of like the VAX/VMS command language winning out over
the Bourne shell.  (To toss another pebble into the pond
to see what the ripples look like, rather in the manner
of Rob and Dave.)

Norman Wilson
Toronto ON