[TUHS] Unix v6 problem with /tmp

Mark Longridge cubexyz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 06:28:19 AEST 2016

Hi folks,

My root partition for Unix v6 is almost full and /dev/rk0 only has 83 blocks.

The trouble is I wanted to compile bc.y and I think it needs around
300 blocks of temporary space. I was wondering if there was a way to
set up Unix v6 so that it could use one of the other drives for tmp
space. I tried to set up a link using ln but it seems I can't link
across filesystems.

The exact error is "26: Intermediate file error".

I managed to rearrange things so that /dev/rk0 had over 300 blocks of
free space and it fixed the problem, but I'm curious if there was
another solution.

Mark