[TUHS] Bizarre job control, was csh

Joerg Schilling schily at schily.net
Tue Jun 28 01:13:43 AEST 2016

Steve Nickolas <usotsuki at buric.co> wrote:

> I tried a couple times to figure out how to implement a Bourne shell, and
> just couldn't figure it out.  But then, I was never much of a programmer.

It is hard and you cannot do it from just reading the POSIX standard.

This is because the POSIX standard tries to write descriptions in an abstract
notation that missleads people that did never see a working implementation
before.

After a few years of maintaining the Bourne Shell, I would know how to do it but
I am not interested to do it from scratch.

Jörg

--
 EMail:joerg at schily.net                  (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin