[TUHS] Origin year of BSD csh?

Ronald Natalie ron at ronnatalie.com
Tue Jun 28 07:28:14 AEST 2016

Hard to believe the 8086 chip was “optimized” for anything.  The instruction set was designed for programming terminals.
The iapx32 was designed to run higher level languages (Ada) but despite how “nicely” it implemented this, it couldn’t counter the fact that it was molasses slow doing anything.   It was easier to build craftier compilers than trying to burn the smarts into silicon.