[TUHS] A Talk on Early Unix

Steve Nickolas usotsuki at buric.co
Thu Jun 30 21:03:17 AEST 2016

On Thu, 30 Jun 2016, Andrew Warkentin wrote:

> I really should stop using Gmail's web interface and find an MUA that
> has a "reply to list" feature and defaults to replying to the list for
> messages from the list (it would presumably need explicit filters to
> detect messages from some lists because not all lists use the
> List-Post header). It's annoying when I try to reply to the list and
> instead end up replying to only the poster (I know about the problems
> with Reply-To munging; I'm not sure why it isn't more common for MUAs
> to have a "reply to list" feature to better deal with lists that don't
> munge Reply-To).

I have to go through a bunch of finagling to reply to some lists,
including this one, via Alpine.  At least if I select "reply all", I can
just cut-and-paste the addresses.  I think it's configurable in the list
manager daemon.

I do seem to remember it being a bigger pain with Google mailing lists.

-uso.