[TUHS] Early non-Unix filesystems?

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Thu Mar 24 02:28:43 AEST 2016

Ron Natalie scripsit:

> Once out of college two of my subsequent jobs (one at BRL and one at
> Rutgers) was to deep six all the card processing equipment.

Virtually, however, unit-record processing is still with us in the
form of flow-based programming, of which Unix pipelines constitute a
degenerate case.

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
Original line from The Warrior's Apprentice by Lois McMaster Bujold:
"Only on Barrayar would pulling a loaded needler start a stampede toward one."
English-to-Russian-to-English mangling thereof: "Only on Barrayar you risk to
lose support instead of finding it when you threat with the charged weapon."