[TUHS] Fun experiences with old mainframes (was Early non-Unix filesystems?)

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at lemis.com
Thu Mar 24 09:27:00 AEST 2016

On Wednesday, 23 March 2016 at 16:47:53 -0400, Clem Cole wrote:
> At that point, my coworker came out and said, here bring me your
> deck.  He looked at them and quickly said -- "The problem is you
> used the wrong color cards."????

Nice one.  Reminds me of a non-computer story from round the same
time, probably round 1968.  A friend of mine in Malaysia had long
hair, fashionable amongst kids at the time, and prohibited in
Singapore.  He wanted to go to Singapore, but how to get in without
cutting his hair?  He was Indian (Tamil), so he had the bright idea of
buying a turban and posing as a Sikh, who were exempted from the
regulation on cultural grounds.

He arrived at the Causeway in Johore Bahru with his nice red turban
on.  And the immigration official was a Sikh!  With a blue turban.  He
said "what are you doing with a red turban?  Today's a blue turban
day!".

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger grog at FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.