[TUHS] Teletype simulator?

Random832 random832 at fastmail.com
Fri Mar 25 00:23:55 AEST 2016

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016, at 09:19, Noel Chiappa wrote:
>     > From: Warren Toomey
>
>     > I thought it would be nice to get a feel for what it was like to use a
>     > real tty
>
> Make sure it only prints 10 characters per second, then. (I think TTY's
> were
> 10 cps?) R-e-a-l-l-y s-l-o-w.

Yeah. 110 baud, 1 start, 2 stop.

I'd looked into this because I was at one point writing a terminal
emulator that would simulate the slowness and the ability to overstrike
characters. I didn't have a suitable font though, and since the slowness
was done at the front end, anything that produced lots of output was
uninterruptible on OSX (worked fine on Linux though