[TUHS] Teletype simulator?

Jacob Goense dugo at xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 25 02:37:50 AEST 2016

On 2016-03-24 10:01, Warren Toomey wrote:
> This might be a strange request, but does anybody know of a "Teletype
> simulator", a graphical program that acts like Telnet but prints
> characters
> in a typewriter-ish font and "clacks" when they are printed.

I hacked a terminal emulator to look like it once.
Fired up the browser running javascript, running jor1k,
running linux, running simh, running a v6 install.
http://dugo.home.xs4all.nl/ksr33.png for the result.

I kept the pipes that shouldn't be there on a
standard print head. Speed was controlled by
simh settings.

I reverted to the standard jor1k emulator for
the v6 demo[1] because I have no experience or
other reference for exactly how a KSR-33
exactly works and lacked the bandwidth to
even implement overstrike.

I saw one in a contest that emulated the sounds
and the moving parts at:
https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=41373
with source at:
https://bitbucket.org/slash_slashware/jsteletype/src

[1]
http://www.oldbsd.org/unixv6install.html
watch out, it is slow and runs on a limited set
of browsers.