[TUHS] Command-line options

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at lemis.com
Sun Mar 27 11:35:16 AEST 2016

On Saturday, 26 March 2016 at 16:54:48 -0400, Ronald Natalie wrote:

> The other fun character set was the old UNIVAC Fielddata.  There
> were no non printing characters and in fact not even a null value
> (the 0 value was called master space and printed as @).

Fieldata (one D) wasn't alone there.  With only 6 bits, you couldn't
afford to have non-printing characters.  All 6 bit character sets I've
seen used all combinations (and why not, since control sequences were
out of band).

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger grog at FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.