[TUHS] Character sets (was: Command-line options)

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Sun Mar 27 21:29:21 AEST 2016

Johnny Billquist scripsit:

> On 2016-03-27 08:18, Greg 'groggy' Lehey<grog at lemis.com> wrote:
> >Isn't it wonderful that we no longer have issues with character
> >representation?
>
> I hope that comment was meant as a joke, ironic, cynical, or whatever...

Undoubtedly.  But things *are* much better than they used to be:
we can now do everything within a single character set, and convert
only at the boundaries (and increasingly, only in one direction).

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
Deshil Holles eamus.  Deshil Holles eamus.  Deshil Holles eamus.
Send us, bright one, light one, Horhorn, quickening, and wombfruit. (3x)
Hoopsa, boyaboy, hoopsa!  Hoopsa, boyaboy, hoopsa!  Hoopsa, boyaboy, hoopsa!
  --Joyce, Ulysses, "Oxen of the Sun"