[TUHS] PDP-11/70 SPL

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Tue Mar 29 01:18:53 AEST 2016

Dave Horsfall scripsit:

> Ian Johnson, are you here, when I "accidentally" crashed your machine, and
> after I fessed up to it, you referred to me as a vulgar term for the
> female genitalia, then promptly hung up?

If he was a Brit or Ozite, he was merely calling you a jerk or idiot;
the word has a different connotation there, and is most often applied
to men rather than women.  (This is probably calqued from French _con_,
which has shifted meaning completely.)

<http://untroubled.org/articles/gospel-of-tux.txt>

> Yes, Warren, I need to know that should I write that history, that we
> won't both get sued; how long is the Statute of Limitations anyway?

Tell the truth and shame the Devil, and fear no libel.  Who's left to
sue you anyway?

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
Income tax, if I may be pardoned for saying so, is a tax on income.
                --Lord Macnaghten (1901)