[TUHS] Popular 1980 languages [Was: Comments on "C"]

Mary Ann Horton mah at mhorton.net
Sun Sep 11 04:40:11 AEST 2016

Well, the list is a fuzzy memory, but thanks to a great guy who read in
my magtapes, I was able to go back and UTSL.

Here is the list, minus the various copies and stubs.  The definitions
were written in a notation I made up called Language Description
Language (LDL)

  * ada.ldl (DOD language for embedded systems)
  * asple.ldl (A Simple Programming Language Example, ACM Computing
    Surveys 6/76.  This was useful for getting the semantic checking
    working.)
  * c.ldl   (no typedef or cpp)
  * expr.ldl (a simple expression language)
  * ldl.ldl (the Language Description Language itself)
  * lisp.ldl
  * pascal.ldl
  * rigel.ldl (a database language from UCB)
  * text.ldl (plain text)

One of these days in My Copious Free Time, I hope to get this beast
"BABEL" running again.  It was painfully slow on a Vax, but it might be
OK on today's hardware.

     Mary Ann