[TUHS] BSD/v8 TCP/IP (was Shell control through external commands)

Brantley Coile brantleycoile at me.com
Mon Sep 12 21:16:50 AEST 2016

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-01-07/business/fi-33970_1_sun-microsystems

You might have the year wrong. The agreement between AT&T and Sun was announced in 1988. A year would be about right to incorporate some of the new stuff.

But getting back to your original comment that you are not aware of any streams implementation before SunOS-4.0, do you mean that it was the first you became aware of? Certainly System V, from whence it came, predated SunOS-4.0 and 8th Edition predated that. My copy of the tty_ld(4) man page was printed Feb 10, 1985.

  Brantley
  bwc at coraid.com
  http://coraid.com