[TUHS] FYI v9 runs on TME

jsteve at superglobalmegacorp.com jsteve at superglobalmegacorp.com
Sat Apr 1 15:36:22 AEST 2017

For the 99% of us that don’t have a SUN-3, it’ll run on TME.  I followed the instructions on abiyo.net on installing SunOS 4.1.1 onto TME ( http://www.abiyo.net/retrocomputing/installingsunos411tosun3emulatedintme08onlinux ), and then added in the v9.tar file, and walked through the instructions on bootstrapping v9 from SunOS.

I just cheated by copying the SunOS disk into a new scsi disk so I didn’t have to go through the fun of labeling it.  TME emulates a SUN3-150 although the BIOS appears to be for a SUN3-160(?).. so the kernel unix.v75 will work when altering the proto0a file.

TME can be a little (lot!) touchy to get working, but with enough persistence you can get it booting the ‘funinthe’ v9 image.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10