[TUHS] Ninth Edition incomplete?

Joerg Schilling schily at schily.net
Tue Apr 4 03:27:54 AEST 2017

Doug McIlroy <doug at cs.dartmouth.edu> wrote:

> > I find it striking that v9 is missing stuff like more or less.
> As indeed you should. No programs are more antithetical to the

If the "more" is based on the "more xpg4" variant of the "more" source from
SVr4, then it is closed source and the OSF, HP or IBM is preventing a
redistribution.

Sun mentioned in 2005 that IBM was blocking the wish to make it OSS.

What I've heard from IBM at CeBIT is that IBM today would decide different.

But note that AT&T is (like Sun) only allowed to decide on code that only
contains Copyright messages from AT&T and/or Sun.

Jörg

--
 EMail:joerg at schily.net                  (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin