[TUHS] A decision

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Sat Apr 8 01:23:36 AEST 2017

On Fri, Apr 07, 2017 at 08:09:01AM -0700, Kurt H Maier wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 07, 2017 at 08:20:06AM -0400, William Corcoran wrote:
> >
> > Also, having a policy in place would allow for progressive discipline to be implemented: first a warning, then privileges suspended and finally privileges revoked.
> >

> But that is what happened.
>
> khm

Indeed.  Perhaps I shouldn't comment, since I had some conflicts with
Joerg, but just this one observation.  To this day, I struggle with my
own lack of tact, I'm just not good at coming across well.  That's my
problem, noone taught me that, noone encourages me to be impolite,
it's mine, and I own it.  If I don't keep it under control then I lose
access to mailing lists, forums, what have you.

Joerg was warned and sadly couldn't or wouldn't tone down his interactions
on the list.  It's a bummer, because he does have things to add to the
conversation.  But some of his contributions caused people to leave the
list.  Keep that in mind, we lost people and that's never good.

I'm not sure how any formal process would have had a different outcome
and, as khm says, the informal process was identical to the proposed
formal process.

--lm