[TUHS] Non-US Unix Activities

Toby Thain toby at telegraphics.com.au
Sat Apr 8 06:53:51 AEST 2017

On 2017-04-07 4:23 PM, Robert Swierczek wrote:

>>> That would be wonderful, but I would really like to bring that
>>> software back to life again.  Does anyone know of an inexpensive and
>>> non-labor intensive solution to this?  I imagine a fanfold printout
>>> should be fairly easy to scan given the proper scanner.  I don't know
>>> how or if the scanner should be taken to Alec's printout or
>>> visa-versa.
>>
>> Yes, a full duplex ADF scanner, like the Fujitsu fi-4530 I own, can do it,
>> but you would need to guillotine off the perforations (take it around to
>> your local printer, who has the right guillotine).
>
> Heck, I would settle for a decent camera on a tripod and a well lit
> flat surface you can drape the printout over, then take a video as the
> source scrolls by.
> OK, maybe that is worst case, but isn't there an easy solution that
> does not include cutting anything (those fanfold binder covers can be
> easily dis/re-assembled.)

Yes, there's always SOME way to avoid it, but obviously significantly
more work. Just depends what the priorities are... Preserving fanfold
seems like a strange priority, wouldn't it be more practical bound
book-like anyway?

Or, similar to your suggestion, load it into a compatible printer (so
that it can be sprocket fed), with some kind of takeup spool, then form
feed pages through, snapping each one between feeds.

--T