[TUHS] BSD 4.2 distribution differences

Arthur Krewat krewat at kilonet.net
Fri Apr 14 00:00:33 AEST 2017

Question: In BSD-land, how do you "version" something like this? Two
different "snapshots" of BSD 4.2 - what file/version #/whatever is used
to definitely put a "version number" on this?

FYI, the distribution I have, vfont.tar is truncated, it was the last
file on the first tape, and at the time may have had a read error.
4,372,480 bytes of it were read, while the TUHS version is 5,888,000

However, the part that I have which is about 80% of the tar matches the
first 74% of the TUHS 4.2BSD distribution after extracting the files,
even though the checksum of that first 74% doesn't match.

So when I cobble this together, I'll just use the TUHS 4.2BSD vfont.tar
and make a note of it in the index.