[TUHS] TeX/troff/typesetting markups - SunOS 4 documentation

Mutiny mutiny.mutiny at rediffmail.com
Sun Apr 16 02:07:01 AEST 2017

I alkways wonder why there wasn't any WYSIWYG n/troff software. At least I don't know about it.From: Michael Kerpan <madcrow.maxwell at gmail.com>Sent: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 19:54:22To: Toby Thain <toby at telegraphics.com.au>Cc: tuhs at minnie.tuhs.orgSubject: Re: [TUHS] TeX/troff/typesetting markups - SunOS 4 documentation Comparing documents produced by Heirloom troff and modern versions of LaTeX, I just can't see a huge difference. The main thing TeX has going for it is LyX, which makes composing documents a whole lot more comfortable for folks raised on WYSIWYG. If a tool like that was available for troff...