[TUHS] Off-topic: any logic designers here?

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Tue Aug 8 12:52:36 AEST 2017

Hi all, sorry for this off-topic posting.

I just came across this series of videos where a guy built a CPU out
of 7400 series chips on a breadboard: https://eater.net/8bit/

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to do something similar but with
a bigger address space and as few chips as I could get away with.

I've got a design that works in Logisim, but I've never actually
built anything before with real chips. So, if there's someone on the
list who could quickly look at what I've done and point out problems
or gotchas (or indeed, what ROM/RAM chips to use), that would be great!

The design so far: https://github.com/DoctorWkt/eeprom_cpu

Thanks in advance, Warren