[TUHS] Off-topic: any logic designers here?

Arthur Krewat krewat at kilonet.net
Thu Aug 10 22:41:01 AEST 2017

I've used static RAM in the past for projects and it's worked out quite
well. No refresh cycles, easy to deal with.

As an example (not saying you need 1MB of ram, or that this would fit
your project...)
http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/100/CY62167E_16_Mbit_1_%20M_%2016_%202%20M_8_Static_RAM-319235.pdf

And only $13.20 each.

side note: A friend of mine and I built a 68000-based computer using
128Kbit static RAM chips back in the late 80's. I wrote the 68K
assembler for it in C, and eventually wanted to boot-strap UNIX to it,
but never got that far. Back then, static RAM was expensive - these were
"free" ;)