[TUHS] Bell Labs history question

William Cheswick ches at cheswick.com
Wed Aug 30 00:13:21 AEST 2017

— coma

I happen to have a tar file from coma, one of the main V10 machines I used.
A sample file has

UID	115
GID	20

The tar file is dated April 29 1997

The UID was doubtless “ches”.

— research
I have another file from Oct 14, 1992, named ypsnarf.c,
UID=2009, GUD-2009

This file is probably from research (as in research!ches) and was a MIPS not running V10.
This was probably ches,ches and not helpful.

— bowell

bowell was the master source machine for V10.  A file (proxy.c, Mar  3  1993) I had tarred up from there has
UID:	1696
GID:	4

ches